Asphalt Shingle Roofing In Georgetown, TX
Your roof is what keeps you safe when it comes to tree falls, storms and other flying debris. However, a key part of taking care of your roof is choosing the right materials. Here at Your Georgetown Roofer, proudly serving the Georgetown, TX area, we like to let history speak for itself, which is why we proudly offer the classic option of asphalt shingle roofing. While many families have chosen to go with other materials, there’s still a lot to be said in favour of classic asphalt shingle roofing for your home’s best protection.
Benefits of asphalt roofing
There are no shortage of benefits to asphalt shingles, but here are some of the top ones that you can expect regardless of the type or style that you decide on.
- Lots of color and style choice: There are endless colors, textures and other customizable features that allow you to have a roof that is going to be as distinctive as you want it to be. While most people go with a brown or black, you can explore the wide variety of options and get the one that feels the best for you.
- Waterproof, wind-resistant and fire-resistant: Asphalt shingles are going to be entirely waterproof, when installed correctly, and are also resistant to both wind lifting or damage as well as fire! They’ll offer your home top quality protection from whatever comes its way.
- Cost-effective and easy to install: Asphalt shingle roofing is still going to be the most cost-effective for budget-wary shoppers and it will be the easiest to install, too. Just another reason why the classic way is best way.
- Can be recycled: Lastly, these durable shingles last a long time, but can also take on a second life in recycling options. You’ll know that you aren’t investing your effort into single use products.
Types of asphalt roofing
There are quite a few type of asphalt styles available to you, some of which you may know about and some you may not. Here are the basics to help you see just how broad the scope is.
- 3-tab shingles: Thin and lightweight, these tend to be the most budget-friendly option on the market and they are simple but effective. For persons that really need to keep an eye on their budge and still get wind and element protection, these are the best choice.
- Architectural shingles: This category is more about the prettiness effect. A little heavier, these offer you the protections you want but also will have a great distinct and random design that looks amazing from the roadside.
- Impact-resistant shingles: For those that are especially worried about wind and tree falls due to extreme weather, Your Georgetown Roofer proudly offers impact-resistant asphalt shingles that will give you that little extra protection and a whole lot of peace of mind when the thunder starts rolling in.
While many will have you believe that the heyday for asphalt shingle roofing has come and gone, we are very happy to tell you the opposite. With plenty of choice and variety in style and durability, there are still plenty of options for your roofing needs.